March 8, 2019
With so many different places to shop for lingerie online now, it’s hard to determine what outfits are best for your session! That’s exactly why I’m here to help. It’s my job to steer you in the right direction to finding a wardrobe that best embodies you, and guide you away from the things that may not photograph as well.
Let’s start with the DO’S!
- A cami + booty short set: A simple outfit non-the-less, but one that will emulate a relaxed and casual vibe. If you are like me, and love to just lounge around the house, this is an awesome outfit idea!
- Bodysuit: Okay, I know many clients come in saying “I’ve never tried one on, but it looks like a one piece bathing suit to me so I don’t know…” once I get them to try one on, they are a bodysuit believer – bodysuits are flattering on EVERY body type, they can be sultry, sexy, sensual, risqué, sexual, dominatrix, etc! Trust me, try the bodysuit.
- Thigh high socks / tights: If you have an outfit that has garter belts it’s always a good idea to bring thigh high tights to complete the look, although you don’t NEED them even if your outfit has garters. Socks are amazing when you have a more casual outfit that you want to wear, and the socks definitely add to the cozy vibe 😉
- Bra + panty set: No matter how simple, we can always dress it up with a cool body harness or a body chain!
- Oversized sweaters: Now there are certain types you want to stay away from but sweaters are really great for that cozy feel, coffee in hand type of vibe! Stick with pull overs, knit, and non-bright colors.
- CHEEKY PANTIES: Literally, these are life. Every booty looks incredible in these, do NOT choose boy shorts vs. cheekies.
- Faux Fur: YES YES AND YES. This is an amazing accent to an awesome outfit, and will add a little flare and personality! Say yes to Faux!
- Leather jacket: Yes please. Again, something that can add personality and a rocker harder vibe. We won’t use the jacket for the full shoot, but for a couple poses to really show off that style!
- NUDE: Just trust me, our clients one regret after their session is that they didn’t go nude. I know it sounds scary, but I promise it’s the most liberating thing you will do, ever.
- Jerseys: Okay, I know there are some women who really want to bring their mans jersey to the party but let me get down and real for a second. Men’s jerseys don’t fit us right. They are unflattering, boxy, and just plain huge on us! If you HAVE to go with something that shows off his team or your team, look for a t-shirt, or panties that rep the team.
- Babydolls: This type of lingerie covers us in ways that are extremely unflattering. Of course there are always exceptions, but for the most part, babydolls make us look larger than we are, and hide our curves instead of flaunt them. Beware the babydoll, I pretty much won’t let you wear it.
- Bright colors: PLEASE for the love of all that is holy, do not bring anything in that is bright hot pink, neon orange, yellow, green, turquoise etc. These colors first of all will take over the entire show and hide what we are trying to showcase… YOU. Secondly, these colors throw off my cameras sensor, which will distort the color and image, and it’s just not good. We want to highlight and flatter you. Leave the bright colors at home.
- Props: This is a touchy one. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, we do not shoot with props. We don’t want it to borderline cheesy. This experience is about YOU. That’s the only prop you need. That being said, if you had an idea in mind of a prop you want to bring, email me about it first and I’ll let you know what I think.
- String of pearls: Babes… just don’t. I love pearls, don’t get me wrong, I really do. But pearls firstly will date your images. We want them to be timeless. Secondly pearls are CHEESY. They are very pin up style and they just aren’t something you want to showcase.