July 10, 2017
1. How old are you?
2. What do you do for a living?
I work in Public Health for the State of CA
3. What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session?
I’ve been wanting to do it for a while but have been unhappy with my size. I just had a baby 6 months ago and am now the biggest I’ve ever been. I told myself why not have confidence in where I am because my body just did this amazing thing.
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir?
My fear was that I wouldn’t look as good as the girls Alyssa had photographed before considering my size. I was also concerned about finding lingerie I would look good in to hide my mom pooch.
5. Was the session different from what you expected it to be?
The session was way easier than I thought it would be. I felt so confident and strong because the girls were constantly telling me how amazing I looked.
6. What was your favorite part about the entire experience?
My favorite part was hearing the girls be so complimentary. We tend to beat ourselves up but hearing compliments drowned out all those bad thoughts.
7. How did you feel when you saw your photographs?
Amazed. I looked so sexy. I believe the first thing I said was “that doesn’t even look like me”.
8. Any advice for women interested in their own boudoir session?
Just do it. Seriously. It’s the most empowering experience.
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of the session?
The way I see myself isn’t how others see me. Also I realized I need to be kinder to myself and more patient with my body.
10. How did you like working with Alyssa Michelle and her team?
I loved it. Can’t wait to do it again!